Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake scare

Well I just have to say what an experience it was to feel the earth shake beneath me. We had a 5.4 earthquake here at about 11:43 this morning. I started to feel things shake and thought maybe it was just a big semi passing by, but then realized it was getting stronger. I ran over grabbed Noah and headed under the desk. They say it only lasted about 20 seconds or so but it felt longer than that. Oh well, needless to say we are all okay and now know a little better about what an earthquake really feels like. We were also on the second floor which seemed to make things a little more exciting. I explained to my girls what it was and realized we never really went over where to go or what to do. I guess this was a wake up call for us. They wanted to find a safe spot in every room of our house so we did a walk through and found a safe spot no matter what room they are in. Hopefully we are now a little more prepared on where to go and what to do if a big one hits.

6 comments:

robin marie said...

i'm glad you guys are okay!

Jeenyus10 said...

Glad to hear you guys are okay!

~Emily~ said...

I'm so glad you're all ok. We didn't get to feel anything! I hope there are no more aftershocks.

Rachelle said...

Wow that is scary, it's good that you now have a plan in place!

Jenni said...

i still cant believe that i had that urge to call you. im so glad you guys are ok. and im kinda glad we left the day before im a big chicken that would have scared the crap out of me.

Moments by Me said...

What a scary thing to go through. I am happy to hear that you are all ok!